Sunday, October 30, 2005

|| Magic performance marathon day.. =D ||

Today was a very eventful and wonderful day. Let me start off with what happened in the afternoon. At around 3~4, I went to meet Baolong at starbucks at raffles city. Got to know another friend of his. After that, we went to Park Mall in hopes of getting new gimmicks and gaffs from the magic shop there. Alas, to our dismay, it wasn't open. We then went over to Plaza Singapura and chilled at KFC. Weird place to chill at, I know. After quite some time, Baolong's friend had to go home, so we all went home. The end. Yea, right.

Baolong and I went to Esplanade(2 guys?!) to walk around, just to slack. When we were at the roof garden, things started to get fun. Baolong and I were crapping about at the garden, doing all sorts of lame stuff. We wanted to do strolling magic, but just couldn't find the right targets. 1 hour or so later, after we had crapped so much, we prepared to leave. Before we did though, Baolong suggested that we try to perform to this group of guys slacking at one corner. No harm trying, since we were leaving anyways. Rejected? Just go off.

I tell ya, Baolong's da man. He just went up straight to them, said "Hi guys, my name is Paul." and started his stuff. One of them went "Eh, just like david blaine leh". Although they weren't the kind to give huge reactions, we knew, after both our performances, that they were really amazed. When Baolong had finished his routine, I showed them mine as well. We left the place feeling satisfied. =)

We left the roof, and went down to the basement, on the way to the mrt. We were chilling at the seats, fiddling with our cards, when an old uncle(probably the cleaner there) just said "Magic ah?" in chinese. We were surprised by the sudden response, and called the uncle to come over to where we were. It was then, Baolong did the most amazing stunt I could never achieve. He performed an entire trick in chinese. Oh god. And the uncle was smiling so widely that he reminded me of the laughing buddah. When we were leaving the place, Baolong said bye to the uncle, and he went "Where do I know you from.? Oh, just now that guy ah~". Yep. =D

We then went to take the train, and I learned a new term. Bouncing train. Which means, to switch over many times. Right. Anyways, we decided to take the train all the way to marina bay, and see what could be done. We were still quite motivated and enthuasiastic about performing to strangers just like that. So, all the way to marina bay with nothing interesting.

When we were heading back in the opposite direction, sitting down there and flourishing, this couple of malay kids were stood infront of us, and watched. Then when we looked up at them, they just asked "can show magic?" I immediately volunteered.

Man, the reaction I got was priceless. The kids were scolding all sorts of malay vulgarities that I had ever came across. It was quite a reaction, actually. The moment I finished my trick, the train stopped and opened at somerset or newton, can't recall. We said good bye and bailed out, quick. It's a great feeling to have performed and just walk away. You don't have to worry about the later part, where the spectator will bug you non-stop about how the effect was done and etc. We just left the train, and boarded the opposite one, back to marina bay.

We repeated this again, and got to perform to 3 girls when we were at marina bay. After that, we left at city hall and wanted to try to perform again. We didn't know that strolling magic like this can be that exhuasting. After we boarded the train, we were too tired to actually perform to strangers. So all we did we flousihes and slacking there. We did attract attention from other people, but did not go up to them to perform. We were high on adrenline, but too tired to continue showing.

On the way to northpoint's mac, we met Ilhammi. A pity he wasn't there with us; he would have enjoyed it as much as we did. It's okay though, there are still other days. =)
All in all, today was wonderful. The other time I had a magic marathon session; today, a performing marathon session. Kinda like theory and practical. =) Just great.

Til then.!

the promise* was set at 11:40 pm

* ----------------------------------- *








[[ the angel in me ]]

*me

*~Jaren~*

*~22-11-88~*

*~NYJC//05S3E//Choir~*

*~ ][LFL][-Fa|con- ~*

*seventh heaven

bestest friends;-yss//nyjc

magic//cards//The Little Magic Shop

nice ppl*

yellow color!

pull-ups!

NYJC!~!

][LFL][

*deepest hell

-hypocrites-

-inconsiderate ppl!-

-smokers.!-

*all around me

MaG//eLaiNe //Jeanie

TitanLYY//vandaa// cheehui

Janice//yingyi //Ngai Hui

taufiQ//Jeremy //jinhui

Shanyu//sery// huiwen(ex-best fren)

Jasmine LuU//Weixian// rEmy

WeiJun//Xinyang// Jasmine WeE

Jane//Serene// Eleanor

Jeslin//Mr alan //Khairi

Hien//zOuk

*whispers

*past dreams

August 2005

September 2005

October 2005

November 2005

December 2005

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

November 2006

December 2006

March 2007

October 2007

December 2007

*shooting stars

*Good grades for promos* It sucked. Okay, maybe not. B B C.

*A's for my mid-year 06. I MUST!* Err I think I can look forward to Prelims instead.

*M5* After much consideration, i've decided to not get it for the time being. heh.

*new clothes* Okay, I've gotten them~ yay!

*DvD Burner* Yey! Finally got them, and it rocks.! =D

*Good decent grades for Prelims. Yes I still want my A's*Okay, CCA. Yay for physics' A =)

*AAA for A lvls. GOGOGO!*OMG I cant believe I actually did get AAA + B3!!! Hurrah!

*To be fitter and stronger*

*Master Parkour*

*To hit 10,000 by the end of 2006*LOL failed badly. Man do I need motivation or what =/

*Earn enough money to buy all the stuff that I want to get, which would require another wishlist. xD*Not anytime soon I supposed.. bleah.

*Learn how to speak japanese and then go japan for holiday. =D*

*someone to call my own* 08.07.06 =]

*ambience

- Eyes On Me -