|| Well done NYJChoir! ||
Yeaaa~ The word "Gold" and "B" seems so sexy now. Whahah~ I'm back from my KL trip, and it was fun! =D The 5 days spent there were great. Although the hotel sucked and the air wasn't good, nor were the food any better, it was the company there that made the stay fun and filled with laughter. =) And the singing was nice as well. Had lotsa exposure to other choirs from *all over the world*. 33 countries participated in the "A Voyage of Songs, International Choral Competition 2005" in total. But there were many from Singapore, including gold syf choirs like meridian jc and tampines jc. Cool~We went there by coach, and came back by coach. Both of the to and back journey was long. Can't help it though, we are after all on a budget. We stayed at the Concorde Hotel, which sounded pretty good as a 4 star. But we found out that it was just a bluff, as the services and food sucked big time. Not to mention the lift with its extremely touch sensitive buttons, and the idiots from singapore pressing all of the 16 levels available. Bleh.
The competition was great, with the Estonian TV Choir winning the most awards. But it's true that they were amazing. They won the best choir for the competition, and I agree with that too. They took part in 2 categories and scored 94.0 and 95.0 for the both. Wonderful. In our category, we had TPJC score 80.00 if I remember correctly, and MJC scoring 82 point something something. They both got a Gold C. As for NYJC *screams and yays and hurrays*, we scored a nice 86.76! That's a Gold B award, and best of all, we beat them proud people from M and TPJ! So much for their Gold SYF and NYJC's Silver. We won Gold B in an international contest!
After that there was a cup noodles party held in tracy's room which was pretty cool. ~20 of us squeezed into a 3 person room. We were all so high when we heard our result of Gold B that we were screaming and jumping all over the place. It was just O.O when we heard it. hee. Everyone worked hard for that Gold B, I think we all deserve it! =) (burnt holidays just to get that. heh.)
It's quite a sad thing that the 5 days were over just like that. I can't wait for the next trip to somewhere again~ Choirmates are cool people to hang out with =) I've grown to like them alot, especially the J2s whom I only got to know more during the trip. Pity I might not have a chance to see them again.. Sad. =/ Oh wells. It was indeed a memorable 5 days spent out of singapore. Learnt lotsa things regarding singing and choir as well.
Ahh I think I have to go to sleep already, its getting late. Gotta go school tomorrow and start doing homework, otherwise I'll just die when school reopens. Heh.
Til then.!
the promise* was set at 12:47 am
* ----------------------------------- *
